Browse our events using the tabs and watch our video about what makes a Bec Development event
Artificial Intelligence & Algorithms – how they give you a business edge
We tackle two mighty topics at our next Breakfast Club. Both of which offer huge business potential – if only we learn how to unlock them.
1. There is increasing noise about the potential of Artificial Intelligence to improve our lives & businesses, but is the hype really appropriate?
- What is Artificial Intelligence anyway?
- How can we harness it to work for us?
- And what are the ethics, risks & challenges we’ll have to face up to along the way?
Sharing examples to inspire from great businesses and using practical exercises, Colin Smith, a digital veteran with two decades of experience, will introduce you to the rise of the machines.
2. Algorithms and what they reveal – and why business and even the security forces are harnessing them.
- How algorithms can reveal who we are through our writing. And even our gender (through our use of just one three letter word).
- Their uses including catching terrorists, preventing online bullying and spotting fake information.
- Insights into how and why the people we communicate with – at work and in our personal life – think, act and feel the way they do.
Using stories and exercises, Sue Feehan, journalist, screenwriter, university lecturer and business writing mentor, shows you how to harness algorithms and make them work for you.
Whether you’re with an agency, a marketer, an HR professional, product lead, or a commercial operator in a corporation, understanding the advantages, challenges and risks will help you avoid missing out on the opportunities and help you realise your personal and business potential.
When: Thursday, November 23rd, 8.15am-10.30am – time for you to grab breakfast and then the formal proceedings will start at 8.30am
Where: wallacespace, Dryden St, London WC2E 9NA
- Our Breakfast Club events combine a delicious breakfast with tasty business insights.
- Plus they are free – but make sure you reserve a place.
Building your Coaching Practice
Create & sustain a thriving coaching business that works for you & your lifestyle
This interactive session will help you to:
- Identify your coaching market
- Start to create a business plan
- Understand where to find clients
- Know how to be successful in chemistry meetings
- Know what and how to charge
- Build your business
When: February 2018
Where: Central London
The session will be led by Helen Tiffany, who has been the MD of Bec Development for 15 years, building a successful coaching and training practice that has expanded year on year. Read more about Helen
- Helen will share her experiences, challenges and insights to help you maximize every opportunity to build the business you want.
- Go away with templates, tools and inspiration.
- This workshop is practical and interactive so email any questions before and we will add them to the programme!
Maternity & Menopause
How is your organisation creating the change?
Each year millions of women in the UK begin asking themselves life-changing questions about their work and career paths because of one of the words above.
The conclusions they come to can profoundly influence what they earn, the roles they undertake and the way they work.
These conclusions also impact the organisations they work with.
- These are big questions.
- But is your organisation delivering big answers?
- And if not, how much talent is being lost while we still wait for those answers?
Ask the questions – and help us answer them
The Bec Development M&M Debate takes a look at Maternity & Menopause with the aim of creating new thinking around both topics.
When: Date to be confirmed.
Where: Central London.
- Starting a family – workplace attitudes have evolved but what’s missing from current thinking?
- Is “menopause” the last HR taboo?
- What should organisations being doing to prevent the female brain drain?
- A panel of speakers with unique perspectives on the issues.
- A chance to help shape the debate.
Ticket prices will be kept low but will include a donation to Barnardo’s.
The panel will include Helen Tiffany, MD of the Bec Development.
“I am currently going through the menopause and am very aware how it can impact on everything from energy levels to confidence. My conversations with a whole range of women at various stages in their careers make it very clear that many of this issues are also experienced by women starting families. Yet the debate about these topics seems to be extremely limited. We’d like to change that.”